Blockboards are an engineered wood, comparable to plywood. These boards are produced using genuine pieces of wood that are layered between sheets of hardwood and cemented together under pressure with different chemicals. It outperforms wood and MDF in terms of durability. Blockboards offer better dimensional stability and are resistant to distortion and bending.
The Various Applications Of Blockboards
Blockboards, nowadays, are installed in interior furnishings of a household or a facility. However, these boards are extensively utilized for indoor purposes. The several usages of blockboards are mentioned below:
- These are used for flooring
- For constructing bookcases or shelves
- To construct solid structure doors and also flush doors
- For home decor
- To construct chairs, tables with hefty tops, and couches
- For wall partitioning
- For creating panels for the walls
Advantages Of Using Blockboards
The various advantages of blockboards are as follows:
- Blockboard is very much light in weight than plywood and or any such kind of wood, making them easier to deliver to the final destination while also lowering shipping costs.
- These blockboards are much stronger and durable than particle boards. These boards will maintain stability also in moist climatic conditions due to their moisture resistance property.
- As the inside is made of hardened wood strips, processing equipment isn’t needed, making on-site installation easier. It is simple to use and maintain.
- In comparison to plywood or other hardwood boards, blockboards offer excellent nail strength. That is why these boards can bind nails and screws excellently.
- When compared to any other wooden boards, blockboards use minimal adhesive, it is environmentally friendly, and has the appearance of real hardwood at a lower price.
- Blockboards are significantly stronger as well as are much more durable than most other engineered wooden materials.
- The vertical load-carrying capacity of blockboards is high.
The Bottom Line
CenturyPlyblockboard is defined as one of the most durable and top-quality blockboards. These blockboards possess the appropriate technique to meet structural systems requirements, including a pliable wooden framework that provides a unique combination of design and usefulness to a fire-retardant wooden framework that discovers usage in a wide range of construction applications.