Mold is a fungus of which there are numerous types. If the right humidity conditions are present, it can grow inside the home. Our bodies are also harmed by mold because it releases toxic substances, which is harmful to our health. Moreover, its existence and reproduction annoy us because of the smell and because it is unsightly.
You might also be interested in: What happens when you eat mold
How to tell if your home has mold
Health conditions caused by mold can range from allergies to serious lung and neurological problems. Because of this, it is crucial to identify the signs of mold in our homes and offices:
A musty smell may indicate a water leak in addition to a mold growth.
Symptoms of allergies include runny nose, eye irritation, sneezing, and breathing difficulties.
Mold can cause stains on walls and surfaces of the house in the form of patches or white, brown, or black spots. There are several ways to remove mold from walls, including using bleach.
Signs of Mold in the Home – How Mold Affects Health
- Mold growth conditions
- Mold requires a number of conditions to grow and reproduce, including:
- The dark
- Food sources such as textiles or wood
- The element oxygen
- A minimum of 24 to 48 hours should be allowed for growth
Having neglected the inside of a house, getting water leaks, lacking ventilation, and having deteriorated objects within a house can lead to fungi growing. The presence of mold affects health, which is why proper ventilation and hygiene conditions are imperative to prevent its reproduction.
Mold can also cause other health problems
mold effects health problems in other ways. Some of these include:
Atopic dermatitis: although mold does not cause this dermatitis, it can be exacerbated in the presence of fungi in the home by those who suffer from it. Dry skin, blisters, and changes in skin color are some of the symptoms.
Known also as hay fever, allergic rhinitis is characterised by sneezing, irritation of the eyes, skin, and throat, as well as itching. This article explains how chronic allergic rhinitis can be treated.
In In addition, allergic symptoms, asthmatic episodes, respiratory infections, nail fungus or fatigue may also occur due to mold effects. If your symptoms worsen when you are at home or at work, or improve when you leave them, then it is likely that you are experiencing mold-induced discomfort, so you should seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Mold prevention methods
- To prevent the appearance of mold and its reproduction, you can bring your home or workplace into compliance with some basic maintenance and hygiene measures:
- Keep your home and office free of clutter.
- Proper ventilation is essential.
- Dehumidifiers and air conditioners should be used.
- Wet clothes should not be kept in the house.
- Clean textiles, wooden surfaces, wallpaper, and insulating materials regularly.
- Verify that foods of organic origin are not contaminated with fungi.
- If As you have found it useful to learn how mold affects your health, you will surely be interested in learning how to remove mold stains from clothes.